Small business marketing ideas you’d think would be a dime a dozen yet it is the most frequently asked question that I get. Getting ideas are not the problem. What is hard on the brain is finding something that ten millions others haven’t thought of.
Here are 5 ideas that almost no one thinks about or has even heard of in some cases:
- The first thing that comes to mind is, “Huh?”. It is a German term which refers to “signs of the times”. Google uses it as a term to describe what the hottest searches are in any given moment. In other words, where are peoples’ minds? It is a great source of small business marketing ideas. Most of the time the top searches are on movie stars or sports figures that have done something they shouldn’t have and so forth. Keywording will be easy.
- You can get great ideas from this and you know that the subject is already hot because the Zeitgeist list tells you so. What a great source of small business ideas! You don’t care about sports or movie figures? That’s alright. Sometimes the top search traffic is about the IRS or how to survive a multi day power outage. Come up with any product unique to the subject and you have an automatic hot market. (In the millions, usually)
You can use the list above to see which are the hottest movies or which new video game is getting all kinds of inquiries about it. Many small business marketing ideas will come as you write a product review or open a small web site, become an affiliate for a movie company, record label or game company and start selling. Again, you know the market is hot because search volumes are high. You can make it even hotter for your business using a good CPC campaign.
People are asking a lot about items on the zeitgeist. Most of them have their credit cards firmly clamped between their teeth. Make sure your little site, if you have one, is SEO’d properly and you’re off to the races!
What are your passions?:
- This is an old, tried and true method of succeeding. It is one of the best small business marketing ideas ever. What are you really passionate about? Are you brought to tears when you hear of the plight of the Darfur rape victims? Famine and world hunger bring you to your knees? You maybe love radio controlled airplanes. Golf keeps you awake most nights. (I’m NOT implying that golfers or radio airplane enthusiasts don’t care about important issues!)
- Whatever makes your heart pound, you can create a successful online venture for yourself. How can you make money, still feel good about yourself and have a clear conscience when dealing with things like world hunger? There are many ways and there is nothing wrong making a living funneling world attention and money on something that you love. Read the following idea and get information on affiliate programs.
- Remember the good Samaritan of the bible? He could help the guy on the side of the road because he had money. You can do whatever you want with the money you make.
Create your own online bookstore:
- No matter what your interest, you can create a tightly focused specialty bookstore. Places like Amazon.com and Chapters.ca and so forth all have affiliate programs. How can you help the starving people in Africa, lets say?
- Design your bookstore to take your visitors to history books of Africa so they can learn how all this came about. Set up a part of your store on nutrition and what these people need. Set up another section on the heroes and saints of these people (who ever you see as hero. It’s your store, you decide.)
- Love nature and want to do your share? Here are some small business marketing ideas that most people don’t realize can be created. Promote places like the Sierra Club on your site. Promote books on everything from bird watching to the ravaging of the planet. SEO the site properly and you will have oodles of traffic. Build your pages properly and you will have an immense positive impact on whatever stirs your stew. On the web, you can focus your business intensely like a laser on any small business marketing ideas you choose.
What do you know?:
- If you are a plumber, create ebooks on plumbing repairs. Sell easy to make videos on how to fix a leak.
- You love to knit? Give courses on knitting, sell specialty yarns and yes, make and sell your own easy to make videos.
- You love to rebuild 1971 Mustangs? Just think of it… Mikes-famous-mustang-rebuilders.com!! Does this open a floodgate of small business marketing ideas for you?
- You are a brain surgeon who loves to do research on nutrition to help brain cancer patients. Build a site, SEO it and run with it. Keep yourself happy, make money and improve the plight of some mighty unfortunate people.
I could go on forever, but I’m getting writers’ cramp. The internet is a river of gold. With that gold you can build your dream home, have the wardrobe of your dreams, do an incredible amount of good and what kind of price can you put on satisfaction with your life?
Make yourself a list of small business ideas and keep it handy where you can easily get at it to add, take away from or change what’s on there. Go with the premise that nothing is impossible because nothing is impossible.